Home Forums Sacred Fire Hi There!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mourelask
    Participant

Hi!
    I just found out about your game through rpgcodex, and i liked everything ive seen so far in the webpage :)
    I really like the focus on the narrative and the way it feels more like an interactive rpg story.
    Just one question out of curiosity,which game engine are you using?

Anyway, i hope you the best of luck in finishing your game. If you need any help from a 3dartist i would be happy to make something for your game :)
    Cheers!

Andrej Vojtas
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for the weekend.

Thank you for your kind words about Sacred Fire. I like the sound of ‘an interactive rpg story’.

I am using Unity. For this type of game it was easy to pick up, great for both prototyping and production and it has such a wide reach with all the target platforms. I like that there is also room to grow with many powerful features the engine supports. But the best thing is the wealth of community build assets, tutorials and answers on the forums. The only thing artist coming to Unity tend to get stuck with is they skip the part where you actually have to learn coding. But you seem to have experience with scripting in 3d apps so you should be fine. However, recently both Unreal and Crytek offered very affordable subscription plans for their engines as well, so it might be worth checking out.

I checked out your 3d art portfolio and it’s really high quality, you seem to master a lot of different tools and techniques. I really like the ‘Countryside piece’, it has a certain nostalgic beauty to it. I am stretched a little bit thin right now, but who knows, I might take you up on your offer :)

mourelask
    Participant

Hey Poetic ;)
    Yap i am using unity right now for a couple of projects too, thats why i asked you. I became a bit tired of arch vis so i have switched lately a bit to game dev which is much more fullfiling and inspiring than just initializing someone else’s design :)
    The good thing with unity oposed to Unreal and Crytek for me was that it was an easy transition from the scripting languages i used to C#. Also packages like playmaker and daikonforge (i prefer it atm to ngui) make it extremely easy and quick for me to prototype my ideas.
    Nice meeting you, we will keep in touch since we are also now twitter followers, hehe :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.