All my friends and fans keep bugging me: What is going on? Did you get run over by a bus? Is Sacred Fire still alive? When can I play this thing? The short answer is: yes, Sacred Fire is alive, I am working on it full time, all the time. It’s not ready yet. A…
“Sacred Fire looks like dramatic, brutal fun, can’t wait to check it out.”
—Chris Avellone, Torment
“A truly narrative game.”
—David Dunham, King of Dragon Pass
—Jiri Rydl, Warhorse Studios
“An interesting twist on the role-playing genre.”
—Jacek Niemojewski, GoG
“Intriguing and well polished.”
—Vince Weller, Age of Decadence
Don’t miss news about Sacred Fire and our Kickstarter campaign with early-bird specials.
About Sacred Fire
Can you build a personality strong enough to defy an Empire? Sacred Fire is a psychological role-playing game where your humanity and emotions add challenge to every action.
Inspired by ancient Caledonia the story follows a group of resistance fighters and their rise to power.
- resist pain, fear and anger to wait for a decisive moment
- intimidate, provoke or take risks to gain an upper hand
- use lethal or nonlethal force
- get quickly back into the game
- review character relationships history
- explore new story branches
- enjoy transparent writing with no misleading choices
- transform characters, save lives and shape the future of your people
- boost your chances with willpower
- compete for influence in Iron Age politics
- sway group choices that impact combat difficulty
- rise to power or make powerful friends
- build willpower and protect your beliefs
- develop a menacing or captivating presence
- focus on combat, empathy, healing or crafting
- remove relationship blocks before it’s too late
- deal with trauma through comfort or meditation
- collect, hunt, trade or gamble to build wealth
The World is on Fire
When slavers attack your settlement, you and Raven, a young girl, believed to be cursed, end up separated from the rest. Is she just a troubled child or does she pose a threat?
You quickly realize the slavers are not the only danger, as Rome crossed the wall in full force. Your only hope is to reach Dunadd, a seat of power and help unite the tribes.
But first you need to warn Wid, your loyal brother. He is the only family you have left. Besides the memories of a father you would rather forget. And the dreams of a mother you can not let go.
Can you survive? Can you save those close to you? Can you cling to the hope for a better world?
Beyond survival, beyond revenge, your true fight begins.
Affect the Game
Click trough the characters and vote for your favorite in the poll. Your voting affects the character’s initial influence in-game.
Click a character name to cast your vote.
Unlock extra in-game content when the game launches. Be the first to play a preview and receive important news.
A playable preview is coming in winter 2016. Sacred Fire launches on Steam in 2017.
Get e-mail updates
Play a preview
Unlock hidden content
spots left in theFirekeepers Guild
Meet the team
Poetic Studio was formed in 2014 by a veteran designer Andrej Vojtas to create a new role-playing experience.
Your reaction to our reveal in 2014 helped us level up. Thanks to you, we now work with some of the best talent in the industry.
Follow Poetic Studio on
Or get in touch by email
Poetic Studio Blog
We are growing! A couple of weeks ago, I’ve joined Andrej as a community manager at Poetic Studio. He has recently described what he has been up to over the last 2 years. Now let me introduce myself and say a few words about our plans. A long time ago in a town far far…